Special Joint Board & Outreach & Community Improvement
Government Affairs Committee Agenda
Thursday, October 22, 2020, 4:00 p.m.**Time Change
Zoom Meeting Online or By Telephone
Dial: US: +1 669 900 6833
1. Call to Order
3. Opening comments – Lydia Grant / Lallah Rowe / Nina Royal
4. Discussion: Review of STNC Board Meeting held 10-14-20
5. Discussion: Upcoming DONE & City Clerk Webinar Workshop Events
6. Discussion/Possible Action/Update regarding: Saving the Olive Grove
a. Contact with DWP update
7. Discussion: STNC Board retreat update
8. Discussion: STNC Board vacancies, possible candidates
a. Stakeholder Group Representative
9. Discussion/Possible Action to plan STNC Fire Safety Town Hall on Zoom
10. Discussion/Possible Action regarding STNC Emergency Preparedness need STNC liaison
a. Neighborhood Council Emergency Preparedness Alliance meeting 10/24 @ 10 AM
11. Discussion/Possible Action regarding STNC letter to members of the Los Angeles City Council concerning the current situation in Armenia in support of our Armenian neighbors in Sunland-Tujunga.
12. Discussion/Possible Action: Motion to approve new or additional representative from the STNC to the City Attorney.
13. Discussion/Possible Action regarding Community Impact Statements to present to the STNC Board.
14. Discussion/Possible Action: Outreach Reports from Region & Stakeholder Group Representatives present
15. Discussion/Possible Action regarding STNC Street Banner Program including City Council motion, Cost estimate for banners and related details to start in November. Review sample artwork. Present to STNC Budget Committee.
16. Discussion/Recommendation: STNC Homelessness Liaison Camille Yiu
a. Camile submitted letter of interest for STNC liaison position
17. Discussion/Possible Action: STNC Board Election cycle
a. Election Worksheet
b. Overall STNC Election Outreach Plan
c. Candidate Filing / Election Day / Vote By Mail / Election Administrator City Clerk
d. Discussion/Possible Action regarding STNC Board Elections: City Clerk’s Report CF20-0963, Vote By Mail; Recommend ad hoc STNC elections committee and their tasks and timeline, What will City Clerk and DONE provide to STNC, What will be STNC involvement with other Neighborhood Councils; list of tasks.
18. Discussion/Updates regarding STSH Rotary Halloween Contest, STNC involvement
19. Discussion/Action: Updates on STNC Social Media Accounts and STNC Phone
20. Discussion/Action regarding future agenda items and community issues of concern.
21. Public Comments – non agenda items under the committee’s jurisdiction.
22. Set Next Meeting & Final comments by committee co-chairs.