Free 5- gallon Shade Tree Adoptions
In response to COVID-19, Los Angeles Beautification Team (LABT) in partnership with City Plants is offering limited free fruit and shade tree "virtual adoptions" for a Curbside Pickup.
To adopt free trees:
You can contact LABT directly ([email protected])or go to City Plants to register https://www.cityplants.org/our-programs/yard-trees/yard-tree-adoptions/
1. Fill out the short application that also serves to verify that you live within Los Angles City limits.
2. Once you are qualified, you will be asked to pick out the tree species.
3. You will then be sent an invitation via phone or email on location of curbside pickup hours and location.
Things to know:
· All trees will be adopted on a first come, first-served basis.
· Only residents within the City of Los Angeles are eligible to adopt a tree. Proof of residence will be verified. If you are not certain whether you live within the City of LA and its 15 council districts, please verify by visiting https://www.cityplants.org/our-programs/yard-trees/yard-tree-adoptions/
· City Plants has a limited number of species available at this time, depending on what we have available in stock and what we can procure from nurseries. Available fruit tree species will be shared once we reach out to you.
· Once adopted, trees must be planted in the ground on private property, in your front or back yard. There is a limit of seven trees per property within the City Plants program.
· The City Plants Collaborative has taken necessary precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of staff with this program during COVID-19. Tree teams are following health and safety protocols, as outlined by Mayor Eric Garcetti in the Safer at Home Emergency Order.
Current 5 gallon size trees available:
Coast Live Oak
African Fern Pine
Los Angeles Beautification Team
1741 N. Cherokee Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028
Email: [email protected]