Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council
Mayor Garcetti Announcements 3-24-20Posted on 03/24/20
Good evening everyone,
As always I hope this email finds you all well and you are keeping yourselves occupied during the current Safer at Home
order. In the Mayor's latest FB live press conference
, he focused a lot on how he and the City Attorney Mike Freur will be handling enforcement of those not abiding by the order. Below are the main points along with more resources.
- Mayor announced the formation of the “Safer at Home” Business Ambassadors program. The program deploys City workers and volunteers with the Mayor’s Crisis Response Team to businesses that appear to be out of compliance with the emergency order with a goal of securing voluntary compliance. If voluntary compliance is not achieved, the ambassadors will share information with the City Attorney and LAPD for follow-up.
- Neighborhood Prosecutors assigned at each LAPD station have been assigned to work with the Los Angeles Police Department to seek compliance and enforce the City’s order when necessary. Failure to heed the order is a misdemeanor that can result in fines or jail time.
- Do you know of any business, not in compliance? Report them here OR continue to report them to me.
- LAUSD Meal Grab and Go locations have extended their times. Open 7-11 am with a newly added location in the Valley, Sylmar Charter High (info attached). ANYONE can show up and grab meals, they are not turning anyone away, even if you don't show up with children.
- Los Angeles Unified and Verizon Reach Agreement to Provide Unlimited Internet to Students Without Access. Read more about the agreement here. The superintendent also announced school closures to remain in place through May 1. Read more about that here.
- Do you know of any seniors that need meals? Find the locations where these meals are being distributed from here. You can also call them to see if they need volunteer drivers!
- Our Office of Volunteer engagement is also conducting a nonprofit needs assessment. If you are an NPO please identify what you are doing in response to COVID-19, what in-kind donations you need, and what volunteer needs you have. We are gathering information in hopes to connect you with aid, but at this time, we are only gathering information.
- Attached you will find flyers in both English and Spanish regarding the information on testing for COVID-19 for our undocumented community.
As we are practicing physical distancing and avoiding non-essential activities outside of our home, I want to remind you all of something you could do while at home. Take 10 minutes out of your day and fill out the CENSUS. Even if you have not received your reminder letter in the mail, you can still go to my2020census.gov and fill it out. We need to ensure EVERYONE gets counted.
Stay Strong SF Valley!
Download POSTER_CORONAVIRUS TESTING_English (Final 03.23.2020).pdf
Caroline Menjivar, M.S.W.
East Valley Area Representative
Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti
Download POSTER_CORONAVIRUS TESTING_Spanish (Final 03.23.2020).pdf
Download FAQ - Coronavirus_English (Final 03.23.2020)_CoCo Edits 3.18.20.pdf