Do you want to avoid a surprise when construction starts next door to you? Do you want a chance to make your voice known to the City and to the applicants for City Planning permits before the deadline for appeal?
Sign up to receive a bi-weekly email from the Department of City Planning, which lists all of the project applications filed in the city since the prior email. Sunland-Tujunga's projects are near the end of the list.
This list is only for City Planning permits and not for Department of Building and Safety building permits, and keep in mind that some of the City Planning permits do not allow for community input or an appeal:
1) Go to http://cityplanning.lacity.org/
2) Click the "Meetings and Hearings" tab on the left.
3) When the menu appears under the tab, click on the words "Subscribe to Notifications" directly under the tab.
4) The Early Notification screen appears. DON'T click on the map like it says. Click on the words "subscribe or unsubscribe to these reports".
5) The "Early Notification System: Special Request Subscriptions" screen appears. Click on the words "Bi-Weekly Case Filing"
6) The "Bi-Weekly Case Filing" screen appears. Click on the words "Subscribe or Unsubscribe to the list".
7) The "City of Los Angeles subscription services Subscribe/Unsubscribe to the Bi-Weekly Case Filing" screen appears. Fill in your email address and name and click the "Join the list" button.
8) City Planning and Neighborhood Councils are working to bring more early notification to stakeholders. Join us at the STNC Land Use committee meetings on the first and third Mondays (except holidays) each month.